Thursday, September 20, 2007

self at window


self
Originally uploaded by valcox
I'm off to Albany NY in the morning. My sister and I will meet, spend 4 days holed up without distractions and finish the edit on this book. Rather than take the train, we found a halfway point by car, only 3.5 hours to Albany between us.

Mapquest says 3 hours 31 minutes for her, and 3 hours, 19 minutes for me. Though mine is an extra 34 miles, I suspect she has windy country Vermont roads ahead of her. I'm known as a very light packer, when I travel by plane. I'd rather do without, than carry heavy luggage. Not this time, I'm loading up the car, even bringing my own feather pillows.

2 comments:

Sabrina Lorah said...

You think your car is loaded. I can hardly see out the back over the cappuccino machine, Vita-mixer, food processor, coffee grinder, juicer, utensils, dishes and food stuffs. Besides all the veggies that I love, I'm loaded down with voluptuous organic fruit: apples, oranges, mangos, dates, pineapples, bananas, apricots, peaches, pears--and something new--three "young" coconuts fresh from Thailand. Oh, that reminds me. Need to pack the machete.

Oh, don't worry. We won't be eating the whole time--you just won't have any excuse to leave the room!

To keep you busy, I'm bringing two laptops, wireless network, laser printer and reams of paper. To keep me busy, a box of red pens.

Val Cox said...

I'm scared!