Saturday, November 10, 2007

yellow trees


yellow trees
Originally uploaded by valcox
There are 3 trees down the street from us that hold onto their showy leaves longer than any other trees around. Fred and I were returning from some errands and rounding the corner to our street when I shouted for him to stop the car right there. He knows the routine now.

We were so close to home, I guess I really didn't need for him to wait in the car for 10 minutes while I took these, but the light was just right. Besides I've learned that when you go back later, (if you go back at all), that freqently the scene is not the same as that moment when it first caught your attention and forced you to take notice and act.

2 comments:

Laura Sparling said...

Beautiful photo, Val.

I know what you mean. The sky the other evening was like a rainbow - it faded from blue through lilacs and pinks and ended up in these gorgeous peachy hues. I was on the phone looking out of the window and I knew I had to take a picture of the sky. But by the time I'd got off the phone the colours had all melted away to leave a grey sky and a few clouds.

Your photos are awesome, Val!

Laura x

Val Cox said...

Laura, oh your evening sky sounds beautiful. So good you got to view it, if not through the camera, at least in your own memory. Thanks for your comment! Val